How, where and when do I pay my self-assessment tax?

Your self assessment tax needs to be paid to HMRC.

There are a variety of ways in which you can pay HMRC, all of which can be found in detail here:

For most individuals, we simply recommend a simple bank transfer, or which the bank details are as follows:

1. Bank Account: HMRC Cumbernauld

2. Account Number: 12001039

3. Sort Code: 083210

In terms of a payment reference, this needs to be accurate to ensure HMRC knows where to allocate the payment to your account. This will be your Unique Tax Reference number (UTR) plus the letter K at the end.

View all FAQs

Publish date