Save time and ensure accuracy by outsourcing your payroll and CIS to us

Payroll & CIS icon


Payroll is an area of prime concern for many stressed-out business owners and we all dread getting it wrong and giving ourselves an extra headache by stumbling into the realm of costly fines and penalties.

We understand how important your people are and can offer a payroll service tailored to your specific needs, helping you to:

  • Manage payroll with affordable and time-saving solutions
  • Meet your obligations as an employer with HMRC
  • Digitally process payslips and payroll documentation
  • Oversee pension scheme enrolment and payments

You can maintain all your responsibilities as an employer and have more time to focus on running your business.

Speak to us today about outsourcing your payroll and never worry about a late payslip again.


We can provide guidance on compliance associated with the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).

  • Helping with registration and verification processes
  • Preparing and submitting CIS returns
  • Ensuring accurate record-keeping
  • Advising on any tax implications

Working within the construction industry can be a physical job, so let us help you focus on your projects rather than keeping on top of CIS submissions.

Frequently asked questions…

As an employer, do I need to provide a workplace pension scheme?

All employers must provide a workplace pension scheme with a minimum 5% employee and 3% employer contributions. The workforce is assessed each pay period with eligible workers automatically enrolled into the company workplace pension scheme:

This is the definition of Eligible worker:

· They are aged between 22 and state pension age

· They earn over the earnings threshold of £10,000 per year (£120 weekly/£833 monthly)

· They mainly work in the UK

Other workers are classed as either non-eligible or entitled workers, these employees must receive a letter providing them the opportunity to join the company scheme if they wish.

Pension Regulator Declaration of Compliance and 3 yearly re-enrolment duties are also legal requirements and we recommend contacting the Pension Regulator if you require further information.

Is my employee entitled to Holiday Pay?

ALL WORKERS are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday a year, this includes:

  • Agency workers
  • Workers on irregular hours (for example those on zero-hour contracts)
  • Part-year workers (for example, those who work term-time only)

It is also worth mentioning that holiday pay must be the employees’ ‘normal wages’ including all pay components they would normally earn, for example, regular overtime or performance-related bonuses must be calculated on a rolling 52-week average and paid on top of their fixed monthly salary.

However, calculating an employee’s yearly entitlement and pay can be very complex, follow current HMRC guidelines or use an HR professional to make sure you are always up to date.

GLX offers payroll packages that include holiday pay calculations for irregular-hour workers and additional holiday pay based on overtime etc. Please contact us directly for further details.

My employee is asking why they are paying so much tax?

A person’s tax code will usually change in the event of their personal allowance going up or down as decided by HMRC, for example, increase/reduction to taxable benefits, changing or obtaining a second job, or additional income such as receiving state or private pension.

To avoid new employees being placed on an emergency tax code, a P45 must be forwarded to the payroll provider before the first pay is processed. Otherwise, notification will need to be obtained from HMRC regarding year-to-date earnings, tax paid and correct tax code.

You can direct employees to HMRC via the employee helpline or through their personal Government Gateway, should they wish to get further details on their current tax code.

Useful Links:

Is my employee entitled to SSP?

Employees are eligible for SSP if the following rules apply:

  • They’re classed as an employee (including agency workers).
  • They’ve completed some work for the employer.
  • They’ve earnt at least £123 per week on average.
  • They have been ill for at least 4 days in a row (qualifying days)

The employer must be informed based on their Terms of Employment. If nothing is in place then HMRC guidance states within 7 days. SSP could be lost if the employer is not informed in time.

There are situations when no SSP is due and a SSP1 form must be completed by the employee:

  • If they are currently receiving statutory Maternity Pay.
  • If they have received SSP for the maximum time of 28 weeks or a continuous series of linked periods that lasts more than 3 years.
  • If their average earnings are less than £123 per week.

More details can be found at:

“Always accurate and excellent value for money.”

“We have used GLX for several years now predominantly for our payroll, payroll over the last few years has become complex and outsourcing this administrative burden to GLX has proved an excellent business decision, during this period GLX have seamlessly implemented and maintain our Workplace Pensions and more recently taken full administrative control of our staff Furlough Scheme, this allows us to focus our time on running our business, especially in these difficult times. Rachael has always been our point of contact and I can only say we have always received first class service, queries answered quickly, and admin always on time.”

David G

Contact us

Let’s talk!

Our team of expert specialists are here and ready to help you take your business accounting to the next level.